More Stone Age timelines and a quiz

Harshdeep produced a truly beautiful timeline and she was so modest that I had to wrest it from her to photograph it for this blog. Well done, Harshdeep.
Emily chose an ear of wheat as the symbol for her Stone Age timeline. This was highly appropriate because people gathered wheat that grew in the wild in the Old Stone Age, then planted it and grew crops in the New Stone Age. A brilliant idea, Emily!
Mammoths running along beside a river - what a wonderful metaphor for the Stone Age. This clever and beautifully executed timeline was created by Victoria.
Mammoths running along beside a river - what an apt metaphor for the Stone Age! I guess it also reminds us that these remarkable creatures became extinct, sadly a common event in human history. Victoria has drawn mammoths for posterity in this clever and beautifully executed timeline. Great work, Victoria.
Dhruv's timeline has a quirky charm that impressed me at once. Great work, Dhruv!
Dhruv's timeline has a quirky charm. I especially like how he has drawn the eyes of the animals. They look kind of surprised, as if being in a timeline is almost too much of an honour for them to believe their luck. Great work, Dhruv!

Sam chose a wild goat (an ibex) to represent the hunter-gathering part of the Stone Age, and a domesticated goat to represent the beginning of farming and herding. An original and clever notion, Sam!

*************************

This nomadic lifestyle has its drawbacks, but hey, I don't have to do any homework...
This nomadic lifestyle has its drawbacks, but hey, at least I don't have to do any homework...

To play a revision quiz based on the work we have been doing in class and on the video “Stories from the Stone Age”, click on this link: http://www.quizrevolution.com/

ch/a67229/go

4 Replies to “More Stone Age timelines and a quiz”

1. Where can I find an apple store in the middle east during the stone age? Cos I would be bored to death without the ADSL broadband and an ipod!!!!!!!!!!

2. You do realise there were other ways to entertain yourself back then? Like going on a boar hunt, or picking berries, or any other manual labour perfectly suited for BOYS. The girls probably just sat around playing Truth or Dare, and filing their nails. Not much has changed there!!!

3. Uhhh Ken… There’s a big difference between and Apple store and an apple store…
    In one you find hi-tech gadgets, and in the other you find fruits…
    So that means no worries, Ken, they probably did have apple stores.