Becoming a Timelord

Dear History Students,

I hope that many of these speech bubbles will be filled with your words and your ideas!

Welcome to the subject of History and to your new year at school! I hope that you make new friends and enjoy all the experiences that our school has to offer. In particular, I wish you the very best in my class and I look forward to hearing your comments and reading your ideas about the past — and the present.

As you know, we have no choice but to experience our lives in chronological order, from birth to death. When we take on the role of historians, however, we can dip into the history of humankind at any time and in any place.

I like to imagine that, in this role, we all become rather like timelords who, even without a tardis or a time machine, somehow manage to wander into other societies where mysterious people lived. These people were like us, yet also different from us in intriguing ways. As historians, we encounter their suffering, their hopes and their dreams. In the process, we both discover their stories and enrich our own.

I hope you will enjoy this journey through space and time. The activities and the presentation below will introduce you to many vital details about history and prepare you for the adventure ahead.

Kind regards,

Roslyn Green

Materials, Links and Videos for Your First Experience as a Time Traveller

Presentation:

Handouts:

Online Quizzes and Activities:

Videos:

[embeddoc url=”https://year7historygr.edublogs.org/files/2019/07/Introduction-to-History-Year-7-2020.pdf” height=”500px” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]